What information does NeuroMetrix collect?
The Quell services, including Quell websites and the Quell device and mobile application (Quell app), collect information about you. This information may include your name, your address, and certain other information we ask you to share with us. Regardless of this source of this information, if it can identify you as an individual, we call this information “personal information.” we collect personal information from you when you voluntarily choose to provide such information, such as when you enter your personal data, set up an account on this website, or use a recognizable email address when setting up a Quell Health Cloud account.
In addition to personal information, the Quell services may collect the following information:
- Quell device and app information: the Quell services store de-identified information on the Quell device and app. We call this information “Quell device information.” It includes device settings, your demographic and health profile, device utilization logs, your activity and sleep tracking data, and your pain ratings. This information is stored locally on the device and app. If you sign up for a Quell Health Cloud Account, this information will be backed up to a secure server. De-identified data from the Quell Health Cloud may be analyzed to help improve the Quell services and to conduct scientific and clinical research about chronic pain and chronic disease.
- Location information: the Quell app collects information about your location to ensure that it has the correct time zone, time of day, and location to provide Quell services. You can opt-out of sharing your location with NeuroMetrix; however, this may disable some features of the Quell mobile application.
- Social media information: if you provide information related to your experience with our products through our share your story link on the patient stories page, we will only use it with your authorization. We appreciate your authorized use of testimonials, as it may help other individuals that suffer from a similar condition.
- Analytics information: NeuroMetrix has partnered with a leading analytics service provider to collect information about how our website and the Quell app are used.
- Quell account information: when you make a purchase on our online store, you have the option to check out as a guest or to create an account. If you create an account, your name, shipping address and order history is stored so we can process orders, handle returns and contact you with product news. We do not view or store your credit card information. This is securely handled by our third-party payment processor, authorize.Net.
- Customer support information: whenever you contact NeuroMetrix for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information so we can efficiently address your requests, and to improve the Quell service. If you contact NeuroMetrix via public forums such as Facebook or Twitter, we cannot guaranty the privacy of your communications through that third party channel. If you contact us by telephone, we may also keep a record of that contact. Contact information that is submitted to NeuroMetrix related to obtaining our products.
- Site visit information: if you visit our website, we collect and store some “visitor information” from you. This information may include the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the date and time you visit our website, and the internet address of the website from which linked you to our website.
Does NeuroMetrix share my information?
NeuroMetrix will not sell, rent, or share your personal information except as described in this policy, or as required by law or legal process, or to comply with authorized government oversight. We may contact you in order to provide updated information about our website, new or revised products, or about NeuroMetrix, Inc.
Why do the Quell services collect this information?
Our purpose in collecting personal data about you is to:
- improve our products and services
- conduct scientific and clinical research that advances the understanding and treatment of chronic pain and chronic disease
- respond to your requests and inquiries
- provide you with information which interests you
- effectively communicate with you
- provide you with products and services
- make our websites useful to you
Why do Quell services track my location?
Your location information is used to optimize features of the Quell services. In no case is your physical location tracked or shared with third parties.
Our website will send a “cookie,” a small text file, to your computer. This allows us to recognize your computer the next time you visit. Also if you create a shopping cart, and leave without checking out, a cookie will allow us to remember what you were shopping for and keep it in the cart for you. If you do not wish to accept cookies, refer to the “help” file of your internet browser to learn how to block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. To learn more about cookies visit WWW.COOKIECENTRAL.COM .
NeuroMetrix works with an analytics partner to improve the quality of the Quell services website, and to give you access to more relevant advertising. Our analytics partner may install “persistent cookies” on your computer or mobile device to perform these services when you first visit our website. A persistent cookie remains in your browser after you have left the Quell services website. This allows our analytics partner to track your activity on the Quell services website, and on other sites you visit. If you visit our website, we collect and store some “visitor information” from you. This information may include the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the date and time you visit our website, and the internet address of the website from which linked you to our website. We use this information to measure the traffic on our website. We use this information to make our website more useful to you. We delete this information after some time.
Can children use the Quell services?
The Quell services are not meant for use by children under 18, and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to create Quell accounts. If you are the parent of a child under 18 and believe he or she has created a Quell account, please contact NeuroMetrix at 1000 Winter street, Waltham, Ma, 02451 so the account can be deleted, and your child’s information can be removed from our active systems.
Do the Quell services track my activity across websites?
NeuroMetrix may track your activity across multiple websites. When you visit our website, we automatically collect the name of the website you visited from (called the “referring page”) and the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), and information about other websites you have recently visited. This information is used to improve our website. The Quell services do not honor the “do not track” settings available on most browsers. When Quell’s website detects the do not track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our website.
Can I delete my Quell services accounts?
Customers can request that their account information be deleted by contacting customer care at 1-800-204-6577. NeuroMetrix may still use de-identified data after you delete your account.
Will I receive marketing messages if I use the Quell services?
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from NeuroMetrix by hitting the “unsubscribe” link in any email, or by emailing NeuroMetrix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out of promotional emails will not end transmission of important service related emails related to the ongoing use of the Quell services.
Will NeuroMetrix share my information?
How does NeuroMetrix protect my information?
NeuroMetrix takes reasonable precautions to protect its information systems from damage or tampering. These include but are not limited to physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. Despite our best efforts, NeuroMetrix cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber-criminals, or others will not be able to access, steal, or modify the information you share with us.
How do I contact NeuroMetrix?
We're here for you.or call 800.204.6577