Maximizing the Lifespan of Quell Electrodes
With proper care, a single Quell Electrode should last up to two weeks. The gel pads may show signs of wear during normal use including spreading, peeling around the edges and fading.
The gel pads are primarily water, which can include irregular edges on the gel pads, gel spreading, color fading, or some of the underlying silver traces becoming exposed.
Your Quell electrode does not need to be replaced until stimulation during therapy feels uncomfortable and/or you see the orange error light on the Quell device blink when you attempt to start therapy.
Quell Electrode Care Tips
- Do not remove the paper liner from the electrode until after you have snapped it onto the back of the device. This will protect the hydrogel over the snap from damage.
- Ensure that the sport band isn’t wrapped too tightly around the leg, as that will contribute to gel spread. The electrode shouldn’t leave an imprint on the leg after it is removed. If it does, loosen the sport band slightly.
- Remove electrode slowly, taking care not to touch the gel to minimize risk of gel loss. Remove the device from your leg when not in use to allow the gel on the electrode to cool.
- Minimize use outdoors during hot, humid weather, when possible. If you will be wearing your device in hot, humid conditions, consider using a Quell Sport Electrode.
- Minimize exposure to dirt and dust.
- Be mindful about where the device & electrode are stored in hot weather and when possible avoid storing your device and electrodes in heat or direct sunlight for example in a hot car or a bag outdoors.
- In some cases, it may also help to alternate between two electrodes, for example when you remove the device to ventilate the skin every 4 hours, to minimize the amount of gel spread that may result from extended sessions.
- If your skin is very dry, moisturize with a lightweight daily moisturizer 20-30 minutes prior to placing the device on your leg.
- Save the liner that comes with the electrode to protect the electrode when not in use. Store the electrode in a resealable bag to prevent the gel from drying out when not in use.
- If you have misplaced your electrode liner, you may store the electrode flat in a resealable plastic bag.
If you have questions about your Quell electrodes, please contact our Customer Care team for assistance. You can reach us at 800-204-6577, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm EST.